Last week, we invited a friend over for a fun science project. The kids had a blast taking apart old appliances and electronics.The kids loved having a friend over and I loved sharing our passion for science. It was a great lesson and spark for future studies.
Last fall, a homeschool mom invited some of her daughter’s friends to a weekly sewing class. These giggly tweens had so much fun together and the mom had a great time sharing her sewing talents. Somehow, even with all the laughter and goofiness, they made pajama pants, an apron and a stocking.
Another homeschool mom I know donates her time to coordinate and direct a local homeschool choir. Many other parents volunteer to be instructors at various local homeschool co-ops.
In our month of giving here at The Homeschool Village, why not think about the talents and passions you have been given by the Lord and how you might be able to share them with others in the homeschool community. Need some ideas?
- Host a science or math or history day at your home and invite another family or two to share in the fun.
- Volunteer to teach a weekly or monthly class in your home, at your church or at the local library for homeschoolers. It might be sewing, cooking, calligraphy, photography, gardening, graphic arts…the options are endless.
- Love to cook? I bet there is a stressed out homeschool mama in your circle of friends who would love a hot meal delivered right now!
- Love to party? Host a party to celebrate an upcoming holiday.
- Give you time to watch another homeschool mama’s kids for the day. You know she needs a day alone!
What other ways can you think of to give your talents?